Monday, July 8, 2013

Hiatus

ANNOUNCEMENT

It was brought to my attention that my comments were not working. Imagine my horror. As you know I am not technologically savvy, but I fixed it! (I think). So your comments will go through now. So talk to me :) Now onto your normally scheduled blogging...

Hey party people! 
I hope you all had a lovely 4th of July and the rest of the weekend.
You may have noticed that I have taken a little hiatus from blogging. Trust me, it was not my choice. I have just been working a lot lately. I worked from the third of July on to the weekend. And not only was it everyday, but the shifts were all day, 8 hour shifts. So I am so sorry for not blogging, but I'm back baby! Well actually, I'm working a lot this week too so I will definitely put up another post on Friday and Saturday (please forgive me). I did manage to see fireworks on Saturday though, so I still got to experience that. Fireworks are my favorite! I just did not get to party with everyone else.

Even though I did not get to enjoy the festive barbecue July 4th food, I was able to celebrate the birth of America with a very patriotic breakfast. Observe:


Oatmeal. Strawberries. Blueberries. Oh my! It was good too.

I also thought I would show you my makeup looks for the past couple of days. At work I have really been stepping up my makeup game and have actually been trying haha. I wanted to show you guys some pictures that you can grab inspiration from.

Tuesday I kinda went out of my comfort zone and did a smokey eye. Usually I always go for golds and browns with some liquid liner. I also think that black eyeliner looks weird on me, but I thought I would challenge myself. Wanna see? Of course you do (hehe)...



I ended up really liking it :) I might do it more often, but with different colors. I like the thought of putting some green in it. When I did it this time I did it with a little purple eyeshadow on the center of the lid. If you want to see my inspiration for this look click here for the tutorial. Its really simple and fast. Perfect when your in a hurry and are going out at night.

For the fourth of July I went all out :)



Red, white, and blue-ed up! It was really fun doing a very extreme look.

Then I went back to my roots on Saturday, but my cat eye came out really big so it looked like a tried ;) haha.



I love my bronzey look. I love doing different things, but if its bronzed up its most likely on my face (lol).

So since the most exciting thing that happened on my July 4th was blueberries, please tell me...

What did you do for the fourth of July?
Have you tried anything new with makeup?

Let me know, yo!
Nicole xo.



No comments: