Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Makeup for Dummies, Vol. 3: Eyebrows

Hey, guys! Hope your days are going wonderfully. I will spend mine at work, but will be thinking of you :) Okay, enough with the mooshy stuff. Let's go on to eyebrows.

Eyebrows are super important. I know your saying, That's what you say about everything, Nicole. Well that is because everything I say is important ;). No, but seriously when you have a nice defined brow, it makes the face more complete. It also frames your face and eyes. Don't worry, you won't look crazy with a defined brow either. A lot of people think that, but strong brows actually make the rest of your features look soft and feminine.

First Step:


 Anastasia Brow Pencil in Brunette

Take an eyebrow brush and comb the eyebrow hairs into place. Luckily, my brow pencil has one on the end of it. I also love this pencil because the pencil is super thin, making the line super natural looking.

Second Step:


Take a small angled brush and dip it into a matte brown eyeshadow that matches your eyebrows. If you have a brow powder already then that's perfect. 


With the brush simply trace the top line of your eye brow. I like to do this with a powder because I feel like it defines the brow without anyone knowing that you did. A lot of times the top of the brow is where the hair is the most sparse, so going in with a pencil or gel would be too obvious.


Once I get the line I want, I take a q-tip to just clean up the line.

Third Step:


Take the eyebrow pencil and start tracing the bottom of the brow, filling in gaps as you go along. Remember to do this is feather- like, stroking motions instead of in large sweeps. This will give the illusion of natural eyebrow hair. 


I also like to extend the brow at the end just a little bit. I like an exaggerated brow, but if you don't, you don't have to do this. I also go in and lightly fill in the rest of the brow, again using short, stroking motions. Run your eye brow brush gently through the brows when you reach your desired amount of filled-inness. 

Fourth Step: (optional)


Take clear brow gel (I'm using Maybelline's clear mascara) to set the brows in place.


This is them completed. Sorry for the deer in headlights face, I was just trying to keep my face neutral ha ha.
 Nice and defined.

And here it is, all finished. 
Foundation: Done.
Contouring: Done
Highlighting: Done.
Blush: Done.
Eyebrows: Done.


Much better from where we started, right? lol I also already did a post on the basics for mascara which you can view by clicking here.

Good work, everyone. Now take all this and put it to good use, children! Ha ha.
Hope this helped you guys out :)
Love you!
Nicole xo.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Testing lol