I know that many people do not think about makeup when they are traveling. In between packing, and last minute shopping, and remembering the tickets, makeup can seem daunting. Some don't think of it at all on an everyday basis, but if you do, keep reading. I also think that the more simple, non-makeup girls will get some tips for this. This is also a very go to makeup look that is perfect for everyday. I took a lot of the pointers from Makeup For Dummies and simplified it a lot, so if those tutorials were a bit much, I hope you find this post helpful.
Now on to the post!
I first started of with a cleansed, moisturized face and applied face primer. Mine is from Makeup Forever in #1.
I then applied my foundation by dotting it all over my face and blending it in with my stippling brush.
After that, I put on some concealer using a highlighting pen from Givenchy and literally drawing stripes on my problem spots, making me look like a bizarre tiger. I then blended that mess in with my fingers.
For everything else on my face I used the following, in order from left to right.
|I kiss you!|
I contoured my face with the L'Oreal true match powder with my angled face brush. Then went over that with my Stila bronzer for some added pizazz. I then highlighted with my Laura Mercier highlighting powder. I used the same brush for all of these steps, cause ain't nobody got time to use more than one.
First thing's first. Eyebrows. You already know! Brush, fill, brush once more, and set it.
Then take a soft brown color and blend that into the crease and outer corner. I even took what was left on the brush and applied it under the eye too for some soft definition.
Next, take a black liner and line the upper water line. To do this I kind of look down and run the pencil back and forth. This will define and make the lashes appear fuller without having to apply liner on the top. See how much more defined the left eye looks?
Then, line the outer third of the lower waterline.
Now all you gotta do it curl and mascara your lashes and you are done! See? Wasn't that easy? For the lips you can do whatever you want. I chose a pink gloss, because its fast, easy, and low maintenance. But if you wanna just do a lip balm or slap on some red lipstick, then do you girl haha.
- Bring food. Sandwich, carrots, apples and peanut butter, granola bar. Anything to keep you going.
- Bring something to occupy your time as you wait, or even for on the plane. Things like books, cards, crossword puzzles.
- Take your own blanket along so you won't have to pay for one on the plane.
- Take a sweater with you. I like those big comfy cardigans, because the plane is sometimes cold. I'm going to Florida, so I will be dressed for warm weather. So, this sweater idea is perfect for me when I am stuck on a freezing plane.
- Throw some headphones in your carry on in case you want to watch a movie, or listen to music.
Have an awesome day, everyone!!!!