Friday, August 2, 2013

If Only for a Short While


Hello lovely people!
I think you can all agree with me when I say that there is no better feeling than being clean. I remember when I was a little kid I would take a shower and would say to my mom, "Ma, I feel healthy!" To this very day I say the same thing. Well, for the past couple days my showers have been very much mechanical. Pick up soap. Wet it. Put on designated part of body. Rinse. Shampoo into hair. Scrub. Rinse. This has mainly been because I am in and out of the house, whether it is me going to the gym, work, or me coming home late from work and wanting to take the fastest shower possible because homegirl is tired. Weeeelllllllllll, today I had the day off. Usually on my days off I clean like madman and by the time I know it the whole day is gone. This leaves me very little time to have the spa shower I deserve. But today I took the best damn shower I have had in a long time. Now you are all probably thinking I'm dirty and don't bathe correctly. I do, but today I was really able to take my time and let the steam relax me. And you all still think I am strange. Okay moving on..... I was going to post this yesterday, but was feeling under the weather, so I bring it to you now!

City Time!!!


Isn't it beautiful? I prefer this over a picture of a landscape any day.  On Wednesday I attended a training at the 34th Street Sephora in NYC.

Like my photography skills?! This guys is modeling for me  ha ha.

For the training we still had to dress in "concept colors". So I went with wearing
all black errithing!

Earrings: Stand in the mall
Blouse: Joyce Lesley
Leggings: Express
Oxfords: Aldo
Cross Ring: Charlotte Russe

I had never been to one of these things before and was pretty excited!







I also didn't know what makeup to do. But my mom was like, "You better trick it out!" Okay she didn't really say that, but that's what I heard. So I went with my lightning bolts (click me!), with gold shadow, and my favorite purple on the lower lash line. Thank god for my mom's advice because the makeup artist who started the line I was being trained on complimented me on it!!!

This is James Vincent. He has had 18 years of experience. He has worked with everyone from TLC, to Blondie, Lady Gaga to Diddy, to Jillian Michaels. So that fact that he noticed my makeup made me super excited :) (Thanks, Mommy!).
Me, James Vincent, and Nicole (my manager. Yeah we have the same name haha)

His new makeup line is called, Ardency Inn. It is a brand inspired by music, especially punk and rock music. The reason for this is because James has predominantly worked with musicians. I'm not sure if I am able to go into too much detail since it hasn't been released in stores yet, but when it does you bet you ass that I will be doing a more in depth post about the products. So, mark your calendars for August 8th. I think you guys are really gonna love it. It has everything that a makeup artist dreams of and really caters to every woman out there. Whether you are a makeup freak like me, or are a minimalist, this brand will work for you. During the training everyone was able to touch and play with everything. I had my eye on this hot pink lip product.


This picture really does not do the color justice. 
Think of hot pink that got bit by a radioactive spider, okay? You feel me. I know you do. 
I cannot wait until we get this in store so I can buy everything :D


After the training was over Nicole and I went to a diner to grab some din-din. We were raving about the training the whole time, but eventually she had to catch a train. I did not want to leave the city. Hanging out with your boss can be kind of fun, too. Who knew? (Hey, Nicole!) haha.

Anyways, after I walked her to the train station I passed by Madison Square Garden (pictured above) and several other interesting people trying to sell me their cd's. And oh my God, I have to tell you guys about the weirdest pickup line I have ever heard. Usually, I don't get hit on so I was not expecting this guy to come out and say what he said. This is how it went down:

I was extremely thirsty after leaving the station, so I went to a nearby Halal Food truck to get some water.
Me: How much for water?
Halal Guy: *mumbles incoherently*
Me: Huh?
Halal Guy: One of you eyes ;)
Me: -___- No really, how much is the water.
Halal Guy: Two dollars. Where are you from?
Me: New York.
Halal Guy: Are all the women in New York as beautiful as you?
Me: *confused* You should know. This is where you work. *takes water and walks away briskly*

So that was my experience before heading home. Oh and I went shopping at H&M, but I will save that for another post. I did get some goodies from the training to sample as well that I wore to work yesterday to show everyone. I posted this on Instagram:

Again the picture does not do it justice! The pigment of these products are unreal. I really did feel like a rockstar. Never in my life had I ever worn an all black smoky eye, but I loved it. I definitely noticed that I was walking around a little more confident. Something about a bold eye makes me feel like a badass. Plus my all black outfit for work. Like, whattttt?! It just proves what I am always telling you guys. Try something new and you will be surprised with how much you like it. And above all, always be true to yourself :)

How do you unleash your inner rockstar?
What is your favorite part of the city? For me its every damn thing! :)
What is the weirdest pickup line you have received (or given ha ha)?

Cheers! (Oh yeah, I'm British now)
Nicole xoxo




No comments: