Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Zumba Convention Day Four & Last Day

Wuddup?!

The fourth day of my stay in Orlando was the last day of the Zumba convention. I was so sad, but happy because my last class of the day was Salsa & Merengue Mash-Up. Salsa and Merengue is what I grew up dancing to, so despite the fact that my legs felt like lead by that day, I knew that class could be easy. Walter Diaz is the ZES who taught it. I love the way he choreographs. Him and Beto actually grew up together and he uses simple moves that make you sweat, just like Beto does. I think I had a smile on my face the entire time. Before class started he was on stage setting up, and as I walked by the stage, he looked at me and I smiled and waved. He smiled and waved back at me. I think I screamed like a school guy inside. I have watched him on the DVD's we get and it was surreal to be so close to him. It was like that with all the other ZES too, but just knowing that it was my last day made me really realize that I am around all the people I watch. Its still weird to think about.

After that, I had a workshop called Warm-Up and Cool-Down. This was just a ZES, Tony who is one of the original ZES's, who ran through his warm-up and cool down. The warm-up was about 11 minutes and the cool down was 5, and that was the only dancing I had to do in that class. Finally a break! Ha ha. I really wanted to take it though since I want to be an instructor. He was actually really informative and funny. Tony was also on the very first Zumba DVD that came out over 10 years ago. I used to do that tape every single day. I still know it by heart. It was really cool to be in the same room with him. On the last day of convention there weren't any other events since people leave right after. It was kinda sad walking through the hotel with no more people in bright colors, and yelling for no good reason.

Waiting for our first class.

Walter! He kissed me on the cheek and gave me a hug after this picture. I had a One Direction fan girl moment.

I have no clue who these guys were, but come on. Self explanatory. 
The next day was our last official day of being in Orlando, I really wanted to go to Universal Studios and go on the rides, but when I woke up asking for the oil can, my mom and I just went to chill and do nothing by the pool. Guys, doing nothing never felt so good. We started by taking some sun, and then when it got really hot we just went into the pool to cool off. We took some pictures, too, and even got to see a couple more people from the convention. We also ran into Jani Roberts, who is a ZES and actually knows us! So of course we got a picture with her.

Later that night we went to City Walk. It is inside Universal Studios, but more where the stores and restaurants are. We went for dinner, froyo, and some shopping. I just got a gift for my friend, Matt and a keychain for myself that says, "In a world where you can be anything you want, be yourself". I liked that message a lot, so I spent the extra 10 bucks on it. 

Now remember how getting to Florida was a horror movie. Well that was the Hannah Montana Movie compared to the Texas Chainsaw we experienced coming back. First of all, I was very sad to leave the hotel, where everything was pretty and the beds were comfy. And then we went to i-Hop before going to the airport, so that helped lol. But when we got to the airport, we found out that our flight was delayed by 30 minutes. Not so bad, right? Well they boarded us, and there we were not taking off because they were experiencing difficulties with the plane. The pilot didn't say what it was, but I didn't care, I was nervous. I'm a New Yorker and planes do not bring back good memories, feel me? An hour and a half later the pilot says that the maintenance people finally figured it out and that we were ready for take off. Thank god, we made it back safely to JFK, only instead of that being at 7 it ended up being at 9:30. Good thing we packed food with us for the plane, since we obviously would not have been able to grab dinner. 

In the end I can't complain, though. The plane rides were nothing compared to convention. As cheesy as it sounds, I feel like if I can survive convention and constantly being on the run, that I can conquer a lot now. Both mentally and physically. I cannot wait until next year! :)

Laying out pool side.

It got hot so I had to get into the pool, but then it was too cold so I only went up to there.

I want one of these water fall thingies.

Me and my dad flexing lol! I think I won.



Jani Roberts!

Jimmy! He is Jani's personal assistance. He was actually there when I got licensed in Zumba.

My sexy face. Not really.

Mommy and I going into City Walk.

Me at dinner. Damn I look tired!



I miss seeing palm trees!

I was very sad guys lol

Before the airport.
And there you have it guys! That was my vacation. I hoped you enjoyed reading and seeing it :) 

Until next time,
Nicole xoxo


No comments: