Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Crappy Days and Super Bag Review #1

When I woke up this morning the sun was completely gone. 
It was so cloudy and muggy out, and it totally killed my mood. Not even my morning workout helped to get me out of my funk. Then I thought that it was such a waste of time being negative. So I hopped into the shower and decided to take one of those nice, long, relaxing showers. Those always make me feel better, and this was no exception. Then when I was doing my makeup for work I was sweating bullets because of the humidity. So I opted for a simple look, because it is too hot and ain't nobody got time for that! To further keep my spirits up I did a really bright red lip. You know how I love my red lip, girl!
Hi there! :)

 Plus, I wanted to get a blog up earlier today since last night I did it so late. Sorry about that guys. And since I'm feeling a little crappy, blogging to you guys makes me feel so much better. I really love you guys :)

Super Bag Review Time!
I don't know if many of you remember that humongo (yes this is a word. My word) bag I got from my "Super Bag!" post, but since then I have tried out quite a few things. Some of them were complete hits, and none were complete bombs. Although some were a mix of both. Keep in mind that this is just how the products worked for me. They may very well be different for you. With that said, let's get started...

I tried six items so far:
-Bumble and Bumble Surf shampoo and conditioner.
-Jack Black's Beard Lube (its not what you think ha ha)
-Nude cleanser, oil, and moisturizer.
-Punker liquid eyeliner.
-Benefit Porefessional Primer.
-Benefit They're Real mascara.

Cons: None!
Pros: It smells heavenly. It just has this very clean, beach-y scent. Now you might be all Hold up, girl!      You have no hair. Well, that is true, but my hair (what's left of it, anyway) felt really soft afterward and even looked shinier.

Cons: None whatsoever!
Pros: This is fragrance free. However, as you can see it has eucalyptus in it, so the minty scent is purely from that. Nothing is added to make it smell like that. I used this today in the shower actually while shaving my legs. See, Jack Black is a company marketed towards men, but women can use it too. Even their skin care can be used on women. The cream also is not foamy like a lot of the girly shaving creams and does not burn. Finally! And ladies, we tend to be extra sensitive in our underarm and bikini area, right?. Well this is perfect because this lube works to make the hair less thick as it grows back and easier to shave, leading to less irritation and razor bumps. I'm not going to go into much detail, but everything was smooth at the end of my shower. And for any guys reading this, this works wonders on your face as well. Imagine having no more razor bumps on your neck. Win! And it has a pre-shave and after shave built in, so you don't need a mess of things to do to your face. Fast and easy.
Cons: I did not care much for the cleansing oil. It kinda felt like it sat on top of my skin even after I rinsed it off.
Pros: However, I did like how I could use the cleansing oil around my eye area. It did not burn and it took almost all my eye makeup off. The oil and moisturizer were divine. They smelled really good too, I just can't pinpoint the scent. Plus, everything is infused with Omega 3,6,7 and 9. All are essential fatty acids that our body needs and are amazing for the skin.
Cons: The applicator is a little thicker than I was used to and so it was a little challenging to make a wing.
Pros: It has a rich black color and lasts all day. It is perfect for more dramatic thick liner looks, or your basic top liner line. Also, it is more compact than your everyday liner, so its ideal for travel or carrying it in your purse.
Cons: Absolutely nothing!
Pros: This is my first time using this stuff. And this is the 'you know what' (four letter word, starts with an 's' ends with a 't'). It is super smooth and not heavy on the face. And it really gets rid of my pores. I wore it yesterday for the first time and am wearing it today, and my makeup is lasting through the sweatiness of today. Amazing stuff! Go get it, seriously ha ha.
Cons: I wish it was more black, but...
Pros: ... it actually makes me look like I have lashes, so I'm a happy camper :). This thing is unbelievably clump free and separates my lashes. I like the spiked tip too, so that I was get the roots of my lashes and the outer corners for that wispy look. Despite the less-blackness, its a winner!

And that concludes the review and this post! I hope you all have a lovely day. I have a feeling mine is gonna turn around. I already feel better talking to you guys. 

Oh, and if you guys have not read my "Super Bag!" post, and are curious about it just go to the blog archive. All my other posts are there too incase you missed any.

What do you do to turn a bad day into a good one?

I hope you found this helpful!
Love always,
Nicole xo.

No comments: