Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Pop of Color


Hello everyone and happy Tuesday! It was a hot one today, but gorgeous. I love sunny days like today, though the sky couldn't decide if it wanted to rain or not. The forecast said thunderstorms today also, but that didn't happen either. I was prepared for the humidity though when applying my makeup this morning. If you're anything like me the thought of glopping on some liquid foundation is unbearable, and powders would just sit on the skin. Well, if you are looking for the solution you have come to the right place.
Here is my arsenal for today and other stifling days like today. We have my Stila translucent setting powder, Smashbox CC Cream, Urban Decay Naked Palette along with their eyeshadow primer and "All-Nighter" Setting Spray.  (Urban Decay might be my favorite brand btw :D).  To start with I showered, which is a very important step, no? After cleansing and moisturizing my face I applied the CC Cream with my stippling foundation brush. I find that this brush leaves the most flawless, airbrushed finish and gives the lightest application. And for those of you who are curious about the difference between BB Cream and CC Cream, allow me to enlighten you... Both prime, perfect, protect, and control oil, which is awesome for summer! However, CC Cream hydrates the skin while BB Creams are more moisturizing. CC Creams also have an active ingredient the treats dark spots and acne marks, and are brightening to the skin. So there you have it. Both give amazing coverage.  I have tried several BB Creams and CC Creams and I like these the best.

I then put my Urban Decay Primer Potion on both eyelids. A rice grain size is enough for both eyes! Trust me. Next, it was time to set all the liquid with the setting powder so we don't look like grease-balls.  Side note: I'm not sure if Stila still sells this version anymore. I work at Sephora and we have stopped carrying it. If you want specifically this one try looking online, but many other brands have the same thing and work very well. The brands include Makeup Forever and NARS has a very good pressed one that I love to use on people. 

Okay... back to business. It was time for the Naked Palette, which is a good the best damn thing ever! I love it for summer time because it has the perfect bronze-y colors for the hotter season, giving us that golden goddess look we all long for. I also love these since they are super long lasting and have a surprisingly silky texture for a powder shadow. Many of their eye shadows also have glitter. It doesn't look like glitter-puff-ball-eyes though. Believe me it is just very illuminating for the eye. Many clients that come into Sephora are weary about trying glittery shadows, but when I show them my eyes (since I pretty much wear Urban Decay shadows everyday) they see how the glitter is very flattering.  

Once the shadow was done I sprayed my face with the setting spray. I use "All-Nighter" because it lasts through oil, sweat, and greasiness, which is what we need in summer. I spray it about 6 inches from my face in a T and X formation to get the t-zone and the eyelids, which get the oiliest first. 

Now you could go with a lip stain since those last through the heat. Even a nice tinted lip balm or plain gloss would work. I was feeling exceptionally bright today since it was so sunny, so I opted for a red lip. Shocker! I use Revlon lip stick on my lips. I have been using it since I was 16 (that's four years, bro) and I swear it is the most long lasting, non-high end lip stick ever. The only other red I have that I love is Ruby Woo from M.A.C, but if you don't like matte and prefer a creamy lipstick go out and get yourself this little gem...
Super Lustrous Lipstick: Certainly Red

Certainly Red is right. And after that finishing touch, this look is achieved:

Here's also a look at what I wore today to stay cool, but also rain ready...

Fedora: Charlotte Russe (It is made out of paper! Go green haha)
Earrings: Some stand at the mall
Shirt: Ruffle top from Rainbow
Shorts: Kohl's- Unionbay
Shoes: TOMS
This outfit kept me cool, but I did get caught in a few sun showers and was grateful for the shelter my hat provided. The TOMS were perfect too because closed without being overbearing. They gave a cute pop of color as well. Seemed to be my theme today with the poppy red lip too ;)

Well that's all for today. Have a wonderful night, lovlies. 'Till tomorrow :) xoxo

*Disclaimer: The brands mentioned above were purchased with my money. I was not paid to mention them on my blog and all thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments: