Friday, June 14, 2013

Stargazer

Hey guys! Happy Friday :) 

Don't think I forgot about that little promise I made you. I told you I would try the Urban Decay Eyeshadow in 'Stargazer', and I am a woman of my word. 
I first started out by putting Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion on both lids. I then took a fluffy blush brush to dust some of my translucent powder on top. Tip: this helps the eyeshadow have something to stick to, instead of just putting it on top of the primer alone. This can be done with any other face powder as well.


Next it was time to get my green on! I started by coloring my whole lid in with a green chubby eyeliner that my mom got from Sephora probably like a million years ago. The name was even faded off the back, but you can find one that looks like it. Any green would do.


You may skip this step if you want. However, if you really want your eyeshadow to have staying power (as if the primer and powder weren't enough :p) then do this. You'll see, Stargazer will cling to your lid like its life depended on it.  
Then it was time for the fun part. I mixed Stargazer and Urban Decay's Setting Spray like I showed in my previous post, and patted it onto my lid. The liner underneath is basically unnoticeable, it just provided a nice base. Tip: Coloring in with the liner also gives you a nice road map of where you want your shadow to go. I'm just full of tricks today haha. Okay moving on.
To add dimension, I applied the color, 'Bender' from Urban Decay's Mariposa Palette, onto the outer corner of my lids and blending it in with Stargazer. Mariposa means butterfly in Spanish by the way. (I'm Puerto Rican so I know these things haha). I also went up in the crease with it, as shown below.

Outer corner
Crease
I also took the color 'Naked' from the Naked Palette to blend out any harsh edges. I worked it up to the brow also, since there was no shadow there.
Naked is the third from the left.
'Hijack' was the next shadow I used from the Mariposa Palette. I used that to simply line my bottom lash line. I thought the blue would really pop with the green :)

For the brow highlight, I chose 'Skimp' (Mariposa Palette) and applied it to my brow bone, blending it in with the Naked I had put there before. And just because I am ridiculous, and one color for the brow bone isn't enough, I put 'Virgin' from the Naked Palette on the very ark of my brow.


The more color you put, the more dimension the eye will have, and the better the shadow will look.
Just sayin'.
Once all the shadow was done, I simply curled and mascaraed my lashes. I chose not to use liner because I really wanted the green to shine through. But, feel free to do so if you please.

And here is the finished look :D



I hope you guys find this helpful!
It is a super fun look. 
Also, please leave a comment below to let me know if there is anything specific you want to see on this blog. It can be about anything. You can also message me on Facebook or shoot me a tweet. Just search NGMthatface and I'm there :) 
Devoted to you,
Nicole xo.

No comments: