Saturday, June 15, 2013

Daughters

As many of you know, tomorrow is Father's Day. That means barbecues and outdoor activities. It is also gonna be a hot one tomorrow, (80 degrees :)) so I thought it would be cool to show some outfit ideas I put together for you guys. These will help you stay cool, while also looking cute. After all, we are the daughters and doesn't that make Father's Day all about us? :p

Maxed Out


Maxi Dress: Lauren Conrad via Kohl's
Fedora: Charlotte Russe
Earrings: Forever21
Wedges: Chaps via Kohl's
Jacket: American Rag via Macy's
This outfit is perfect if you are attending a BBQ near a body of water or even in your own back yard. The dress keeps you cool, but is also long so you don't have to worry about it coming up, like you would with a short dress. The wedges are awesome too since they are low. You can keep your fashion sense while still being comfortable. I threw on the fedora because I thought it would make a nice edition to the outfit. And since the dress is such a neutral color, I put on some coral dangling earrings for a pop of color. The jacket is optional. I just thought that if you were going to the beach, it might get chilly when the sun goes down.

Simple and Comfy
Earrings: Forever21
Shirt: Mudd via Kohl's
Shorts: Unionbay via Kohl's
Sandals: Dolce Vita via DSW
If you are one of those low maintenance girls or not into much color, this is perfect for you. The baby-doll shirt is simple and loose, while still having pretty stitched detailing. The shorts I mentioned in a previous post because I freakin love them for the summer time and hot days. They pretty much feel like pajamas, but look like a nice pair of expensive bohemian shorts. And instead of throwing on some dingy flip-flops and look like a normal person, throw on a thong sandal with some flare. Mine have a medallion looking thing on the front with some fancy jewels sewed on. As for earrings, I went with these dangly ones since they go with the simple style while dressing the outfit up a bit.

Active Flower

(I was caught off guard in these pics)
Earrings: Stand in the mall
Shirt: Cotton Express via Mandee
Short: Lauren Conrad via Kohl's
Sneakers: Converse via Journey's
Sometimes these social gatherings can get a little hectic, and many times you can be running around. If its a big family event there might even be little kids there that you are forced to play with (eh-hem. ME!). The crop top is super lightweight, so it won't make you too hot and sweaty. Also I recommend sneakers, especially if you are playing with boys ha ha ha. They don't know how to act. I also have a basket ball court and my little cousins always want to play basket ball, so sneakers are a given. Plus, I love my Chucks, and though I hate watching sports I like to participate in a game or two.

Colorful Tribal
Where my food at?!

Earrings: Forever21
Shirt: Express
Shorts: Joe Benbasset via Mandee's
Shoes: TOMS
Cross Ring: Charlotte Russe 
Now, if you are the kind of girl you loves color (like me :)) then this is for you. I used to work at Express, and when I saw this shirt with the tribal design I nearly died. The color, mint, is also one of my many obsessions and so these shorts had no chance. I could have gone with a simple shoe, or even the Converse, but what would be the fun in that? I thought it would go with the tribal pattern of the shirt. They also have pink and blue in them, just like my shirt and shorts. The earrings also have this tribal, Aztec-y vibe to them, so I thought they'd be perfect. Oh, and I also wore the ring with the maxi dress. 

And there you have it :). I hope you get some inspiration from this post if you have no idea what to wear; whether you want to be dressy, casual, sporty, or loud. This can also be for any other events you have to attend this summer.

P.S: Which outfit do you like best? Let me know! :)
xo.

No comments: